It’s the most wonderful time of the year, and our local Moncks Corner community has much to offer! Here are some great upcoming events for you and your family to enjoy:
- Celebrate The Season’s Holiday Lights Driving Tour features dozens of animated light displays along a route that winds through Santee Cooper’s headquarters and the Old Santee Canal Park in Moncks Corner. Held Nov. 27- Dec. 30 from 6 to 9:30 p.m. daily, the light show is $5 per car with unlimited loops through the lights.
- Holiday Fairs are also part of the event and are held Friday–Sunday, Nov. 27-Dec. 20 at Old Santee Canal Park. There are free visits with Santa Claus, fun activities in his workshop, craft and food items for sale, marshmallow roasting, over-sized holiday cards by local students and live entertainment. The Stony Landing House will be decorated in historical fashion. Entry is included with admission to the driving tour. Proceeds benefit charities serving Berkeley County.
- The town of Moncks Corner once again offers its annual pictures with Santa event on Saturday, Dec. 5 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at The Depot.
- On Sunday, Dec. 6, the town’s annual Christmas parade is at 3:30 p.m. The parade begins at Berkeley High School and ends at 418 East Main St., at the Regional Recreation Complex.
- The Christmas tree lighting ceremony is also on Sunday, Dec. 6, at 5:15 p.m. at Unity Park on Main Street. Local musicians will perform and Santa Claus will be a special guest.
Join our community at these events to celebrate the season!