We all know and love Foxbank Elementary School! Since it’s almost time to head back to class, we put together five fast fun facts about our favorite elementary school in the neighborhood!
- School starts on August 19! Here is the full school supply list for the 2019-2020 school year. Before you start shopping, check out our list of the top summer attractions in Moncks Corner to carry you through the end of summer!
- Principal Natalie Lockliear was named Berkeley County School District’s Elementary Principal of the Year back in June! Read our recent profile on Principal Lockliear to find out more about Foxbank Elementary’s fearless leader. Speaking of Principal Lockliear- did you know she is married to our Town of Moncks Corner Mayor Michael Lockliear?
- Over the summer, Foxbank Elementary presented a check for $9,000 to the Moncks Corner Town Council to cover costs associated with the future Miracle League Fields and an all-inclusive program. We are so proud of our local school!
- Foxbank Elementary School will provide books for student book clubs this year! Books include Ruby Holler, Wolf Hollow and more big hits. What a fabulous way to encourage reading!
- Don’t forget that Foxbank Elementary School needs volunteers! You can apply here to be approved to start making a difference in your neighborhood today! We’ll especially need help on the first day of school or so to accommodate the switching of the car drop off area and bus area. FYI: Buses will now be in the entrance closest to Hwy 52. Cars will line up in the loop in front of the school and the students will be able to enter through either side of the building. The police department is partnering with us to help with the transition. We are praying for a smooth start!
To check out all the latest updates, follow along on Foxbank Elementary’s Facebook page!